EmblemHealth Managed Long Term Care (MLTC)
EmblemHealth Managed Long Term Care (MLTC) plans are for adults who are eligible for services provided typically in a skilled nursing facility but choose to stay at home. These plans are designed to help you meet your personal care needs such as bathing, eating, walking and more. Our MLTC plans give you the best possible care in the comfort of your home.
When you join one of our managed long term care plans, a nurse or social worker called a Care Manager will work closely with you, your family and your doctors to:
- Understand your needs
- Develop a Plan of Care, including all the medical services you need
- Visit you in your home to monitor your health
- Coordinate all of your health care services
Benefits and Services
The following covered services are included at no additional cost:
- Professional nursing
- Care coordination
- On-call Care Management services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Home health care services (i.e., nursing, home health aides, rehabilitation therapies and medical social work)
- Rehabilitation therapies (including physical, occupational and speech) provided outside of the home
- Personal care
- Housekeeping and other household tasks
- Personal emergency response systems (PERS)
- Scheduled transportation to health-related appointments
- Home-delivered meals
- Nutritional counseling and supplements
- Adult day health care or social day care
- Durable medical equipment (DME)
- Medical and surgical supplies
- Respiratory therapy and oxygen
- Home safety modifications and improvements
- Prosthetics and orthotics
- Dental care
- Eye exams and eyeglasses
- Foot care
- Hearing exams and hearing aids (including hearing aid batteries)
- Nursing-home care (certain Medicaid restrictions may apply)
What are the advantages of joining one of our programs?
As a member, you, your doctors and your family will work with your Care Manager to develop a Plan of Care designed especially for you. Your Care Manager will talk with you, offer professional advice and arrange all the long-term care services you need.
EmblemHealth MLTC plans offer you the flexibility to select the type of plan that best meets your needs. EmblemHealth is dedicated to providing quality, affordable health care that meets the needs of our members.
How do I become a member?
Step One: Call us at 1-888-447-9161 daily, from 8 am to 8 pm. If you have a hearing or speech impairment and use a TDD, please call 1-877-444-2786 daily, from 8 am to 8 pm. We are happy to answer any questions you have about the program.
Step Two: If you are interested in one of the programs, an EmblemHealth Assessment Nurse will make an appointment to come to your home at a time that is convenient for you. During the visit, the nurse will evaluate your needs, answer your questions and explain more about the program.
Step Three: If you are eligible and choose to enroll, your membership usually becomes effective on the first day of the month after your application is completed.