Services Not Covered by FHPlus.
Please be aware that if you obtain these services, you will be responsible for paying the bill.
Mental Health Services
- Intensive psychiatric rehabilitation treatment
- Day and continuing day treatment
- Intensive case management
- Partial hospital care
- Rehabilitation services to those in community homes or in family-based treatment
Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities Services
- Long-term therapies
- Day treatment
- Housing services
- Care at home and community-based waiver services
Chemical Dependence (Alcohol and Substance Abuse) Services
- Intensive chemical dependence rehabilitation treatment
- Methadone treatment
Other Services Not Covered by HIP
- Cosmetic surgery, if not medically needed
- Services of a podiatrist (for members 21 years of age and older)
- Personal and comfort items
- Infertility treatments
- Personal care services
- Private Duty Nursing
- Medical supplies (such as bandages)
- Nursing Home stays that are permanent
- Non-emergency transportation (unless you are 19 or 20 years old and receiving Child Teen Health Program services)
- Preschool and School Supportive Services program
- Early Start programs
- Directly Observed Therapy (DOT) for tuberculosis
- Adult day treatment for persons with HIV
- Long-term health care
- Orthodontia services
- Chiropractic services
Nonemergency Transportation Services Westchester County members
Regular Medicaid covers these services for our Westchester County FHPlus members 19 and 20 years of age receiving Child/Teen Health Plan program services (C/THP). You or your provider must call Medical Answering Services (MAS) at 1-866-883-7865. If possible, you or your provider should call MAS at least three days prior to your medical appointment and give the representative:
- Appointment date and time.
- Address where your appointment will take place.
- Your doctor's name.
Nonemergency transportation includes personal vehicles, bus, taxi, ambulette and public transportation. If you have an emergency and need an ambulance, you must call 911.
You may also have to pay for services that:
- You get from a provider not in the HIP network (unless HIP or your PCP refers you to that provider).
- Require prior approval by HIP or your PCP, and you get these services without prior approval.