Mental Health and Substance Use
Caring for your mental health is just as important as caring for your physical health. Don’t worry—we’re here to help.
Emergency? Get Confidential, 24/7 Support
If you’re thinking about suicide, are worried about a friend or loved one, or would like emotional support, confidential help is available 24/7—no referrals needed. Seeking help is a sign of strength. Using your health insurance to pay for services will never be a part of your employment record. Your privacy is completely protected.
If you are an EmblemHealth member, your mental health and substance use benefits are provided through our partner Beacon Health Options. Call 888-447-2526 for confidential, 24/7 support.
If you are a Montefiore member, your mental health and substance use benefits are provided through Montefiore. Call 800-401-4822 for confidential, 24/7 support.
Find a Provider – No Referral Needed
Is stress preventing you from enjoying the simple things in life? Are you using alcohol or drugs to get through a rough time? Whatever it is, our network of mental health professionals are here to help.
- If you are an EmblemHealth member, call Beacon Health Options at 888-447-2526, 24/7 to find a mental health provider near you.
- If you are a Montefiore member, call 800-401-4822, 24/7 to find a mental health provider near you.
If you’d prefer to search online for a provider, please follow these instructions.
Use the Find a Doctor tool and select “Mental Health and Substance Abuse”. This will take you to the Beacon Health Options “Find a Provider” search, which has information specific to your plan. Find providers by location, specialty and more.
If you’re a Montefiore member, please call 800-401-4822 to find a mental health provider.
EmblemHealth Neighborhood Care
Need help managing stress? Looking for a support group? EmblemHealth Neighborhood Care offers free health and wellness programs, open to all. Click here to find a location near you.
- NYC Well is available to listen and help. It is free, confidential and available twenty-four hours a day/seven days a week.
- Call: 888-NYC-WELL (888-692-9355)
- Text: WELL to 65173
- Chat: nyc.gov/nycwell
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255. If you use a TTY/TDD, call 800-799-4889. It is free, confidential and available twenty-four hours a day/seven days a week.
- Call POPPA (Police Organization Providing Peer Assistance), the NYPD cop-to-cop mental health hotline for active and retired officers. 1-888-COPSCOP (1-888-267-7267)
Download or print one of these quick guides for convenient access to the phone numbers and resources you might need.
Adult Mental Health
Child and Adolescent Mental Health
Mental Health and Substance Use Information
Learn about some of the most common mental health conditions as well as substance use:
If you have been in the hospital
If you have been in the hospital for a mental health or substance use issue, your care continues after you leave the hospital. Find out what you need to do once you are home to keep yourself on the road to better mental health.
Learn More >